I began seeing bald patches on my head: one rather large one and 2 smaller ones. I also am losing a ton of hair each day. I have been diagnosed with a ferritin level of 8 and an iron level of 28. I am taking 325 mg of iron 3 times a day along with other vitamins. Approximately how long before I see an improvement in hair fallout and regrowth. I am also seeing a dermatologist for corticosteriod injections to help with regrowth in the completely bald spots. I am strongly considering shaving my whole head?View 4 Replies
I am a 25 year old female and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease probably around 2012 or so. I take 75MCG every morning and I do blood tests about once or twice a year to make sure my levels are stable. What I need help with are symptoms. My boyfriend has been very supportive, he was the reason I went to get the initial blood test because he said my symptoms reminded him of Graves Disease and it worried him. Well, I went to the doctor and got the tests done and he told me I had Hashimotos. Since then, my boyfriend has told me that he hasn't seen any improvement in my symptoms, in fact he thinks they've gotten worse. I have looked at a lot of different lists of symptoms that people with Hashimoto's Disease can experience and I experience a lot of them. I'll list the ones I experience the most and a little bit of a description to each so maybe someone can help me with what I need to do to feel better because honestly it makes me miserable.
-Hair Loss - Every time I brush or wash my hair there is always tons of hair in the brush or tub. It's everywhere all the time, I shed like the cats.
- Depression - I don't know if it is actually depression, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm just not good enough to be around anyone. I'll find myself crying at ridiculous moments with absolutely no reason for it. I also find myself thinking that people I know (and can acknowledge even when I'm feeling this way) love and care for me, and yet I still think they don't care about me and will abandon me at the drop of the hat, which breaks me down mentally.
- Stress - This is probably one of my worst symptoms. I am always stressed out about something, even ridiculous things that shouldn't be stressing me out. One of the biggest things I stress about is what I mentioned with the depression. I feel like my friends and loved ones are going to abandon me at any minute, which scares me and results in me lashing out at them in ways that if I can't control it soon enough may result in them actually leaving, which terrifies me and just puts me into a never ending loop of stress and depression.
- Anger - I can't seem to rationalize other people's behaviors. Completely normal behaviors that don't normally bother me result in me lashing out and screaming at people and saying things that I don't mean to say.
- Memory Loss - This is a really bad symptom. I forget things very quickly. If I don't actively keep it in my mind, I won't remember it. A perfect example, when I was still in college I was walking through town with some people and when we were going back to the dorms I made a comment about a truck I saw. I used to see it all the time and hadn't seen it in a while so I made the comment. The people I was with looked at me really confused and just flatly stated "You said the exact same thing when we walked by it on the way out" and I honestly don't remember seeing it at any point that day. In fact I didn't remember seeing it for around 5 months, and yet they claimed that I made the exact same comment I just had, earlier that day. It really messes with my head when people tell me that I did or said something and I can't remember doing it to save my life.
- Weight - Before I started taking synthroid I weighed 110 lbs, after I started taking it I gained like 30 lbs and I can't lose it. I'm stuck between 135 and 140 (I'm about 5'6" tall)
- Headaches - I get headaches on a daily basis. Sometimes they're really bad but generally they're just a slight discomfort in my frontal lobe area.
- Sleep - It takes me forever to fall asleep and even when I do I can't stay asleep and then I feel exhausted all day when I wake up, as if I never slept at all.
Another thing I've noticed and that is that sometimes I feel like I can't swallow properly, I always feel like I have to yawn to get a lung full of oxygen, and my nails curl downward along the curve of the tip of my fingers on like 3/5 fingers.
I suffer from the problem of hair loss before marriage at the age of 19, where he was my hair loss, which is a dense tuft and continues to now (24 years old) so my hair has become very small and too short
Use Pantene Shampoo
To know what to make .....
I want advice and guidance and your directions even know the main reason
What are the required medical tests ....
For the past year, I've been losing my eyebrows in patches. Patches will grow back, but then fall out weeks/moths later. I'm a 38-year-old female, healthy and fit. Recent blood work all normal. Thyroids normal. I'm not losing hair anywhere else, and my skin has no redness or dryness. It is just my eyebrows that keep falling out. The only thing I could think of was my birth control--I was on the Mirena IUD. But I removed it and ceased all birth control several months ago and the problem persists. All doctors I've visited have been stumped, thus my online question.View 2 Replies
Only been diagnosed for a few weeks now and sorry if this question has been asked before but my hair's falling out in clumps now and wondered if this is 'normal' on this drug it is completely heartbreaking for me also I am due to get my hair dyed next weekend worried this will cause more loss ...View 1 Replies
i am 18 years old and i am using minoxidil 5% for last 3 months it has worsen my situation. i used it to regrow hair in my temple. instead it made me loose hairs in my entire head. i have lost about 40% of my total. Hairs. is it normal.? i am thinking about hair replacement now.so if i stop minoxidil, will the hairs that i lost forr minoxidil will grow back? how months will it take to recover fully from hair shedding caused by minoxidil?View 2 Replies
I have had these little oily, greasy yellow bumps on my head for about 2 years now and they tend to fall off whenever I scratch them. I have had REALLY thick hair but since this dandruff crisis started on me I only have half of the original amount of my hair now. Please, help!! If you're experiencing this problem then please state below how you control/get rid of it and if you used to have this kind of dandruff and cured it, will my hair grow back and return to normal? I seriously want my old hair back.View 5 Replies
I went through about a week and a half of depressions (what I believe was). Lack of appetite, trouble sleeping and crying randomly. Immediately my hair began to shed. I understand that hair usually sheds 2-3 months after a stressful period,(telogen effluvium is what it's called) but mine started right when I became depressed. I don't have bald patches anywhere, it's just all over shedding. It's been going on for about a month now, my hair doesn't really feel thinner yet but I know it will if this continues. I can wear my hair down or else it'll be all over. I wear it in loose buns. Brushing it is emotionally difficult because my hair brush will be full in 2 strokes. I'm 19 and female. I feel like I'm slowly getting uglier and uglier. I'm not depressed anymore, I feel back to myself. But it's still shedding. It makes no sense to me. I eat healthy and exercise. How long should I expect this to occur, since it can't be telogen effluvium? What is happening?View 1 Replies
I’m female, 52 and due to my high cholesterol levels and family history of coronary disease, my physician had me start taking Zocor (simvastatin). I’ve been on this medication for almost six months now and from the last month I’ve been starting to lose more and more hair. When I asked my doctor is Zocor causing this, he completely denied that was possible and instead sent me to various hormonal tests. They all were in normal ranges.
After this I decided to take the matter into my own hands and continue with healthy diet, exercise and no Zocor (but I do use red rice supplement instead) and finally my hair is not falling off any more.
I am 4 days from ending 6 month treatment with Sol. and Riba. 3A. No one on this forum has mentioned hair loss. I've lost a ton and being male, it's a real drag. I am wondering how long it will take to grow back, if at all. Solvaldi is so much better than interferon, but the riba is still a real drag. I tried twice to make it thru the old chemo treatment. Longest I could last was 5 months. At least this time I have made it to the end.View 3 Replies
After my miscarriage in November I started losing hair like crazy which I assume is the equivalent of postpartum hair loss. But I am pregnant again and I'm still losing so much hair. Could this still just be hair loss from my miscarriage or is there another reason for this amount of shedding?View 1 Replies
I've noticed that I've been losing eyebrow hair as well as eyelash hairs recently. It became apparent after the first couple of weeks of college. It might be due to poor diet. I used to pull on them several months ago but I stopped that habit long ago. I've also noticed that the hair on my upper leg is "breaking". I noticed that a lot my hair was "cut" or gone. I can see new hairs growing on my leg but I'm worried about whether or not I might have a health condition.View 1 Replies
I was recently diagnosed with Hemochromatosis. I am waiting for the genetic testing result before they do treatment. One of the issues I have been having is hair loss, which led to me getting my iron tested. Have others of you experienced hair loss? Once you started getting treatment (blood drawn) did your hair grow back? Did you have to do other treatment for the hair loss?
I should probably be more concerned about other aspects of this disease, but as a woman in her 40's, losing half your hair is very disconcerting. I also feel like my scalp is burning or tingling quit a bit. That and the hair loss started about 6 months ago.
i have been on sertraline for about 10 weeks ..started at 25mg now at 75mg..i have noticed that with the higher dose i am getting thinning of hair..dont feel it is stress because i am feeling much calmer at this dose..anyone experience this?View 1 Replies
I stopped my pill and within 3 weeks I noticed a lot of hair loss, mainly when I wash my hair I notice a lot in the plug hole and in my hair brush.
But also a few Days ago ,I put a leave in conditioner in my hair when it was dry and my hands were full of hair?
I'm not sure what is going on I have had my first natural period so thought after that things would settle down but Its still happening ,and I've been off the pill (yasmin) for about 6 weeks now, it's so distressing.
I take multivitamins every day I just don't know what else to do, I feel fine in myself.
I am currently on Armour Thyroid for about 2 years now and my hair is still falling out daily by the fistful! I always had such "good hair" as they call it that I never even thought of my hair but now.View 1 Replies
I'm about 4 weeks after gallbladder removal. I am loosing my hair... not patches though enough to have to empty my hair brush several times when brushing!View 1 Replies
At age 42, I'm starting to notice some loss of hair on my arms and legs. I'm a male, and of Mediterranean ancestry, so I've been quite hairy in those areas since I was a teen. My hair remains very full and thick on my head, so it seems odd I should be losing it in other places. Is this normal? I don't like the way it looks - like the skin of an old man, all bare and plain.View 2 Replies
i was on 40mgs omeprazole had large hair loss.Consultant a week ago change it to 30mgs lansoprazole. worried now that the loss will continue and be permanent. I have straight auburn hair, no curlsView 1 Replies